"The National Conference of Diocesan Vocation Directors promotes diocesan priesthood, providing resources for the formation, support, and advocacy of diocesan vocation directors as they work within the Catholic Church to foster a culture of vocations, raising up new priests for the Body of Christ.
Our unique responsibility from participating bishops is to provide vocation directors with the expertise they can get nowhere else. The services that NCDVD provides to its members are guided by three foundational goals.
- We provide resources and programs that will assist members in becoming competent and effective in the promotion of vocations, assessment of candidates and formation of seminarians.
- The training and support we give in the selection and screening of priestly candidates are not offered anywhere else in the Church in the United States.
- We connect individual members to the collective knowledge, experience and wisdom of the Conference.
- We help members find joy and spiritual fulfillment in their ministry.
- We represent the interests of diocesan vocation ministry and promote these interests with appropriate constituencies.
- NCDVD has been instrumental in promoting the Fishers of Men program and consulting on the 5th Edition of the Program for Priestly Formation." ( http://www.ncdvd.org/aboutus.html).