Carry the Cross
Posted April 7, 2015
Thanks to all of you for spending your Holy Saturday with other men of faith and making this year’s Carry the Cross a memorable one.
There were several firsts for Carry the Cross V:
- Largest group of men yet; 69 total
- Largest group of young men with their fathers to date. Thanks to all dads. I am very impressed with the attitude and grit of these young men. I hope they enjoyed the event as much as I enjoyed them being there.
- Youngest brother yet. Thanks to Aaron and Digory Richards. And all 12 miles and 14 stations!
- Many new men, fathers and sons. What a blessing!
- Our first protestant brother: a big round of applause for Logan Bravard of Beechwold Christian.
- Men speaking from the heart the words of the Holy Spirit. It is difficult to describe in words the power of the witness of each man as they spoke the words the Holy Spirit “wrote upon their hearts”. And praise be to God for the long periods of natural and profound…
- Sacred Silence. This may have moved me as much as anything. Men in brotherhood, comfortable in the nurturing silence of God’s natural kingdom.